Tuesday, February 15, 2011

dreaming of spring

Although the weather isnt exaclty "garden ready" yet...that doesnt stop me and Allistair from planning for the warmth! Yea, it may be a bit early yet, but we couldnt help ourselves! we went out today and got some vegetable seeds so we can get a head start on our veggie garden that we are doing together :) I told Allistair to pick out a few of his fav vegetables that he'll want for our garden, so he chose carrots, cauliflower, lettuce, and cucumbers, (i chose the green onions!)
Im ridiculously lucky to have a 3 year old who absoluetly loves to eat fresh raw veggies every day. Most often he chooses them over other foods! we are both looking forward to being able to transplant them into our garden this summer and having fresh food that we grew! I am having so much fun teaching him all the different things, and he loves to learn so its a win win for both of us! :D



yea....might have to wait a little longer to plant outside!



our lovely selection!



my little man has a green thumb just like me! He was having a great time dropping the seeds in, but left the dirty part (making holes in the soil) to me!



the boys loved watching the soil expand when the water went in



planting the seeds!




















1 comment:

Anonymous said...

never mind a garden outside!! You're going to have lettuce in a few weeks in your house! Looks like lots of fun. I'd loove to have a yard where I can have a veggie garden of my own. Maybe someday...soon.

Did you find my Valentinesy cherry treat for you on Monday?? :)

Eleanor