Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Trying to achieve...

As many of you know, I have always had one thing i've always wanted to become 'when i grow up' :0) My dream has always been to become a midwife, and 2 years ago, my sister let me be her doula (supporting birth partner) for the birth of my precious little niece. After those 12 hours of labor, I knew without a doubt that it was what I was meant to do!
For the past 3 -4 years , I have been reading everything I could get my hands on regarding midwives/doulas and now I am finally taking the steps to become a doula! I have decided to take my certification course through DONA, an international doula service that is very well known. I am currently in the process of doing the rest of the required reading and within the next few weeks/month I hope to apply for the certification. Once I get the cert. package, I have 2 years to complete the course, which requires attending birth classes, breastfeeding classes, attending at least 3 births as a doula, and filling out LOTS of papers! I havent been this excited about something since the days I found out I was pregnant with my sons! I am currently trying to convince my mom to take the course with me! She always says how much she would love to do it, and I think it would be awesome to have her as a partner!
Anyways, just wanted to share that bit of exciting news!

P.S. Ezekiel is now starting to say lots of words! hes such a sweet little boy! and Allistiar is learning how to spell! hes way too smart for his own good!

No comments: